FOR MORE INFORMATION: INFO@FEDERAZIONEPASSIVHAUS.IT
What is a
Thanks to its characteristics, the Passivhaus is able, in the summer, to protect against overheating and, in the winter, use the most of the contributions from solar energy as well as the heating gains produced in the building by the presence of people and their activities. This ensures a high comfort in winter and summer, with a very reduced supply of energy by mechanical plant.
Passivhaus ensures to its inhabitants a high level of comfort and reduced energy consumption, thanks to a series of technical measures, as identified by a detailed design, carried out at fieldyard via a precise and meticulous care of construcion details.
It is precisely for the remarkable reduction of the “active” role of the air-conditioning systems in summer and in winter that was born the concept of “passive house”, now a standard design and construction well proven and widespread. The shared knowledge is available to technicians, who can learn techniques and design processes independently or through training courses, and to citizens, who can take advantage of the knowledge of the professionals to built an house in which to live well and save energy in respect of the environment.
1) insulation adequate and of high quality;
2) windows and doors high performance;
3) absence of thermal bridge ;
4) air tighness of envelope ;
5) mechanical ventilation with heat recovery .
As you reach this result? Through a well thought-out design and a careful construction in the yard that matches the five fundamental points of a Passivhaus:
must match the following:
1) level the air tightness of the building measured with the blower door test n50 below 0,6 1/h;
2) annual net energy for heating and cooling below 15 kWh/sqm;
3) heating load and cooling less than 10 W/sqm;
4) annual requirement of the total primary energy for domestic hot water, heating, cooling, ventilation and electrical uses less than 120 kWh/sqm.
The buildings that comply with the principles and values listed above, may be certified by the Passivhaus Institut, through the involvement of a Passivhaus certifier, which checks the project, the energy audits of the constructive detail, the energy calculation is carried out with the PHPP sheets, the construction in the yard, and the required test at the end of the work.